Skip to main content
#
High Purity Materials
High Purity Chemical, Sulfur and Metal Manufacturer and Distributor, Houston TX
About Us
High purity Tellurium, Cadmium,Cesium, Indium, Gallium, Antimony, Sulfur
Custom-made Products
Contact Us
Cadmium Bromite
Indium(III) Selenide  (In2Se3)
Chemical Formula: Ga
CAS Number: 7440-55-3
Molecular Weight: 69.7
EC Number: N/A

Specification:

Purity Available in  99.99%, 99.999%, 99.9999%
Shape and particle size Available in powder, ingo, bar
Packaging It is packed with Dacron film, then covered with a sealed plastic film bag.
Refractive index N/A
Density 5.91 g/cm3
Melting point 29.76 °C
Boiling point 2400 °C

Gallium metal

Gallium metal (Ga) is the elemental form of gallium, a silvery-blue metal most notable for its melt point only slightly above room temperature and its electrical properties.

Applications

Over 98% of gallium goes to the production of semiconductors, with the remaining 2% of production splitting across a number of varied industries.

  • Semiconductors. Extremely high purity elemental gallium is a critical component in the production of semiconductors. From gallium metal, manufacturers derive gallium arsenide and gallium nitride, which go on to applications in integrated circuits. 95% of all gallium is used to produce gallium arsenide for these purposes.
  • Low-melt alloys. Outside of its applications in semiconductors, gallium is noted for its easy alloying with other metals to create low-melting alloys. Most commercially notable of these is galinstan, an alloy composed of gallium, indium, and tin, which is used as an alternative to mercury in medical thermometers.
  • Medicine. Similar to its use in medical thermometers, gallium alloys may become a common replacement for mercury in dental amalgams. Beyond that, gallium metal is used in biomedical imaging and for its iron-like interaction with the body.
  • Neutrino detection. Pure gallium also has applications in neutrino detection—the single largest accumulation of pure gallium in the world is likely a neutrino telescope in Baskan Neutrino Observatory in Russia.

AHP Materials offers gallium metal and various gallium compounds at very high purities. Contact us today to learn more.

Request more info? Click here

     AHP Materials, Inc.
    2935 Westhollow Dr., Houston, TX 77082
    Tel: 281-409-3838  Fax: 281-870-8002
    info@ahpmat.com
    Copyright © 2014 Ahpmat.com. All Rights Reserved